A big thanks to Mountain Mom and Tots for nominating me for their Rockin’ Motherhood post.
To be honest I was a little embarrassed to participate in this series and write out a list of ways that I rock motherhood BUT then I remembered my sport psychology training. When I played rugby we would have to participate in sessions that required us to engage in positive goal setting and visualization. This psychological training helped us perform on the field. So I am taking this as my mom psychology training and I am going list the ways that I rock motherhood .
I want to encourage you to write out a list of 10 ways that you rock motherhood at home. Even if you don’t 100% believe it write it out anyways. These types of practices can help us improve our own self worth. We moms can be so hard on ourselves so give yourself a break and remember how awesome you are!
Before I get started on the ways that I rock motherhood I want to give you two tips on how you should write out the ways that you rock motherhood.
- Be positive. Write out how you rock motherhood in a positive way. For example “I get my kids outside everyday” instead of “I don’t keep my kids indoors or I usually get my kids outside.”
- Be specific. Write out something that you specifically do that makes you rock motherhood. “I make sure my kids are fed everyday” instead of “I take care of my kids”.
How I Rock Motherhood!
- I take my kids outside to play everyday
- I take time for myself guilt free
- I tell them I love them everyday no matter how they acted
- I tell them stories on long car rides and while out hiking
- I make healthy meals but balance with treats on occasion
- I take the girls to church every week and pray with them everyday
- I read to the girls everyday
- I spend a lot of time compromising and never think of parenting as a battle to win
- I genuinely enjoy spending time with my kids
- I take my kids out on adventures and push our family to get outside!
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10.
- Tag some bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.